My research interests include vortex methods, particle methods for computational fluid dynamics, scientific computing, parallel and high-performance computing, and applied scientific data visualization. Formerly, I was managing director and later director of Enthought India. I'm an advocate of Free and Open Source software and in my spare time develop some free/open software. I blog very occasionally.
- July 2020: Aditya Bhosale and I won the best poster award at SciPy 2020, for "Compyle: Python Once, Parallel Computing Anywhere", (Compyle poster presentation, Compyle poster video, Compyle paper)
- May, 2020: Our reproducible paper on "An improved non-reflecting outlet boundary condition for weakly-compressible SPH" is now online (doi:10.1016/j.cma.2020.113119).
- March, 2020: Our latest reproducible paper on "An efficient, open source, iterative ISPH scheme" is now online (doi:10.1016/j.cpc.2020.107283).
- 23th July, 2019: 3D visualisation with Mayavi and VTK at STFC Data Intensive, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Summer School 2019, University of Sussex, UK.
- 21st July, 2019: Bugfix Mayavi version 4.7.1 released.
- 1st -- 2nd July, 2019: VTK and Mayavi course at the EPSRC center for doctoral training for the Next Generation Computational Modelling at the University of Southampton, UK.
- 1 July, 2019: Mayavi version 4.7.0 released. First fully functional jupyter/jupyterlab support for Mayavi.
- 21 -- 22nd December, 2018: SciPy India 2018.
- 26 November, 2018: PySPH version 1.0a6 has been released.
- 26 November, 2018: automan version 0.4 has been released.
- 26th October, 2018: Seminar at UMass Amherst.
- 2 September, 2018: Mayavi version 4.6.2 released.
- 9th - 15th July, 2018: co-chairing the SciPy 2018 conference in Austin, Texas, USA.
- July - December, 2018: On Sabbatical at MIE UMass Amherst.
Please see the internships page for more information on internship opportunities.
Contact detailsPrabhu Ramachandran
Department of Aerospace Engineering,
IIT Bombay, Mumbai,
INDIA - 400 076
Phone: +91 22 2576 7121
Fax (departmental): +91 22 2572 2602
Fax (institute): +91 22 2572 3480
prabhu [at] aero . iitb . ac . in