Assistant Professor: Department of Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India (2019-present)
Postdoctoral research fellow: Whiting School of Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, USA (2018-2019)
Teaching Associate: School of Engineering, University of Aberdeen, UK (2015-2017)
Junior Research Fellow: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India (2014 – 2015)
PhD in Engineering: University of Aberdeen (2015-2018)
M. Tech. in Structures: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (2012-2014)
Institute Postdoctoral Fellow:
Seeking a postdoctoral candidate in the area of composite materials to work on the experiments and numerical modeling. The candidate should have a Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical or Civil Engineering with some background in finite element modeling of composites.
If you are interested in joining our group, you can drop an email and also can see the page of IIT Bombay.
Ph.D. Scholar (July 2020 intake):
Uncertainty quantification of the composite using artificial intelligence
Machine learning assisted void crowth analysis in metals
Probabilistic damage evaluation in composites
For any questions on these projects contact me by email.
Awards & Fellowships
- Young Woman in Engineering Award by 5th Venus International Women Awards - VIWA 2020
- Young Faculty Award by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
- Our paper Condition assessment and strengthening of aged structures: Perspectives based on a critical case study has been selected to be featured in the Editor’s Choice section of the Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction page in the ASCE Library
- Selected as a researcher to represent India for 70 ideas for 70 years campaign from the British Council, UK for pursuing research during Ph.D. at University of Aberdeen, UK
- Lloyd’s travel grant from LRF Centre for Safety and Reliability Engineering (2017) for attending International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS20), Paris, France
- Represented as the face of the university as a bright international student at the University of Aberdeen, UK.
- Awarded the prestigious Lloyd’s Scholarship from LRF Centre for Safety and Reliability Engineering to pursue PhD at University of Aberdeen, UK
- Commended for 'Best thesis' from IIT Delhi for FIIT award (2014)
- M. Tech thesis has been selected among top 10 projects across the globe at the University of Trento, Italy during Smart Materials structures and Systems with fully funded scholarship (International Summer school program)
- Received financial grant from MHRD for attending the International Conference on Advances in Mechanical, Automobile and Aerospace Engineering and the 7th ISSS International Conference on Smart Materials, Structures and Systems at IISc, Bangalore
- Received gold medal in an inter-school competition in Mathematics organized by West Bengal Government.